We are now offering virtual programs! These can be experienced live via Zoom or recorded, with special pricing for each. The programs include movement and story time for the younger engineers, games and a downloadable activity packet (not needed to participate in the program). We are offering four of our most popular programs. Watch a preview of each below and download the information packet to learn more:
While these are scaled for places like schools, libraries and other organizations, we are happy to consider pricing for families and other smaller groups.
What organizations have said about our Virtual Outreach Programs:
“She made it very personable. She engaged directly with the kids.”
“We loved that there was also a story! Perfect program for a library.”
“Allison does a great job making a virtual program interactive. You can see she’s passionate about what she does.”
Off-site outreach programs are being considered on a case-by-case basis at this time. Please reach out to our Public Programs Manager at email@example.com with your request.
The only thing you need is your imagination! We come to your site and bring the museum on the road. We offer two types of programs for a range of ages. See below for more information, how to book and pricing.
Story Time (60 minutes)
We do more than just read a book! Our Story Time programs encourage creativity, curiosity and movement. Most programs include an engaging story (or two), movement or an activity, handling objects and an accompanying craft. Themed lessons encourage p
articipants to engage with history, science and technology.
Education Programs (60 or 90 minutes)
Our hands-on programs encourage critical thinking, observation skills, and creativity. Programs include a short lesson, an engaging activity (or two), hands-on crafts, movement, play and more! Themed lessons encourage participants to engage with history, science and technology.
Download our Outreach Programs Packet 2020
Our outreach programs cover such themes as:
- History 1890 – Present
- Transportation changes & impacts on American society
- Transportation technologies: Steam, gas, electric systems
- Engineering design, process & prototyping
- Conservation & preservation
- Primary sources & learning from objects
Some of our special activities include:
- Building car & train models out of recycled materials
- Arts & craft projects
- Handling of historical objects
- Games and song
- Free play activities (preschool)
Booking a Program
We are happy to adjust any of our programs to match your age group and teaching needs. Looking to book a program? Have a question? Not sure what would work best for your group? Fill out our simple program request form!
Pricing and Logistics
- Program Duration: 60 to 90 minutes, depending on the program
- Program Cost: Programs start at $100 for 60 minute programs and $125 for 90 minute programs within a 20-mile radius of the Marshall Steam Museum. $85 for each additional program at the same location for same day. For locations outside a certain radius, see the information packet or call for pricing information.
- Group size: 1 Classroom, maximum of 30 students per program. A minimum of one adult chaperone per group is required for all programs and must remain with the students during the length of the program.
- Age Range: Story Time programs range between 3 and 8 years old. Our Education programs range from 7 to 12 years old.
View Teacher Outlines for individual descriptions, learning objectives, and standards.
For more information regarding outreach programs with the Marshall Steam Museum, please contact:
Public Programs Manager