Whether you are interested in taking a ride on the Auburn Valley Railroad or joining us for a special museum program, there is always something exciting happening at Auburn Heights. View our calendar to see what we have planned or where we might be traveling to.
Please Note: We never let a little drizzle dampen our spirits, so all events are rain or shine. Except for the Easter Egg Hunt, no reservations are needed. In the event of especially inclement weather, you may call the Friends of Auburn Heights office at (302) 239-2385 for a recorded message that will indicate any change in regular plans.
We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard or Discover. Sorry, no pets except service dogs.
Food and beverages: Free popcorn may be enjoyed by all visitors during Steamin’ Day events, and hot dogs, chips and beverages will be available for sale in the gift shop. Please feel free to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy on the grounds at one of our many picnic tables.
Auburn Heights Easter Egg Hunts
Friday, April 3 & Saturday, April 4
12 noon to 3 pm
Please note: Tickets are nonrefundable and event is rain or shine
Join us for the 5th Annual Auburn Heights Easter Egg Hunt for two days only in April. Visitors are encouraged to bring an Easter basket and join the hunt for thousands of eggs scattered around the Auburn Heights mansion. The hunt is limited to 100 kids on Friday and 200 kids on Saturday — to ensure plenty of fun (and eggs) for all. Participants are divided into age-appropriate groups so everyone has a great time.
12:00 noon: Gates open for train rides, free popcorn, entry to Marshall Steam Museum and kids crafts. Please note: the mansion is not open for tours at this event.
1:00 pm: The hunt begins, with children Under 2 going first, followed by Ages 2 to 4, then Ages 5 to 7, and finally Ages 8 to 12
**Special Member Pre-Registration March 2-8, 2015. Members are free but must pre-register to reserve their member passes and purchase addition tickets (all attendees must have a ticket). Learn more about membership here.
Tickets go on sale to the public March 9. Remember to purchase your tickets early; last year this event sold out quickly! Cost: $8 per person (all attendees must have a ticket)
We are in need of a sponsor for our 2015 Steamin’ Season. Contact email@example.com for more information.
First Sunday of the month, June through November, 12:30 to 4:30 pm
- Sunday, June 7
- Sunday, July 5
- Sunday, August 2
- Sunday, September 6
- Sunday, October 4 (plus Steamin’ Halloween, Sunday, Oct. 25)
- Sunday, November 1 (plus Steamin’ Thanksgiving, Saturday, Nov. 28)
Don’t miss these exciting days filled with old-fashioned fun for the whole family. Included with all admission options:
- Fresh steam-popped popcorn from our vintage popper
- A Firing Up Demonstration, to see how we set a Stanley in motion
- Entry to the Marshall Steam Museum, featuring the world’s largest operating collection of Stanley steam cars plus a 1930s working Lionel electric trains display, a hands-on engine display, kids activities, and exhibits
- Museum Gift Shop
- Tours of the antique-furnished Auburn Heights mansion, which dates to 1897, are also available, along with rides on the Auburn Valley Railroad and in select antique automobiles from the Marshall Collection.
STEAMIN’ DAY ADMISSION:
Rides Ticket includes 4 rides in the antique autos or Auburn Valley Railroad: $11 ages 13 and up, $8 ages 12 and under (infants free). Rides Ticket admission is free for Friends of Auburn Heights Preserve members.
Mansion Ticket includes tour of two floors of Auburn Heights: $12 all ages
Combo Ticket covers it all, rides and mansion: $19 ages 13 and up, $16 ages 12 and under (infants free)
Group Rates: Discounts available for groups of 20 or more when booked in advance. For group inquiries, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the Easter Egg Hunt and Steamin’ Day events, be sure to join us for our two Steamin’ Holidays:
- Steamin’ Halloween, Sunday, October 25, 12:30 to 4:30 pm
- Steamin’ Thanksgiving, Saturday, November 28, 12:30 to 4:30 pm
Regular Steamin’ Day admission rates (listed above) apply.
Special Event: Auburn Heights Invitational Historic Auto Display
Sunday, August 30, 2015, 12:30 to 4:30 pm
Each September, Auburn Heights welcomes an exceptional array of historic automobiles from the classic era. Featuring special exhibits and activities, great food, a silent auction, raffle and more, this is a must-attend event each year. Stay tuned for information about this year’s event. Click here to learn about our success last year.
Old-Fashioned Holiday at the Marshall Steam Museum
Sunday, December 6 & 13, 2015 12 to 3 pm
Join us in December for a special holiday-themed program at the Marshall Steam Museum. We’ll be decorated and full of holiday cheer, offering something for everyone regardless of age! Click here to learn more about this annual program.
This program features:
- Special holiday-themed exhibits and displays.
- Readings of The Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore & The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- Victorian and train-inspired holiday crafts and activities for the whole family
- Electric train demonstrations
- Free hot chocolate
- And more!
ADMISSION: $5 per person, free for Friends of Auburn Heights Preserve members.