Whether you are interested in taking a ride on the Auburn Valley Railroad or joining us for a special museum program, there is always something exciting happening at Auburn Heights. View our calendar to see what we have planned or where we might be traveling to.
Please Note: We never let a little drizzle dampen our spirits, so all events are rain or shine. Except for the Easter Egg Hunt, no reservations are needed. In the event of especially inclement weather, you may call the Friends of Auburn Heights office at (302) 239-2385 for a recorded message that will indicate any change in regular plans.
We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard or Discover. Sorry, no pets except service dogs.
Food and beverages: Free popcorn may be enjoyed by all visitors during Steamin’ Day events, and hot dogs, chips and beverages will be available for sale in the gift shop. Please feel free to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy on the grounds at one of our many picnic tables.
Presented in 2014 by Camp Wilcox Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
First Sunday of the month, June through November, 12:30 to 4:30 pm
- Sunday, June 1
- Sunday, July 6
- Sunday, August 3
- Sunday, September 7
- Sunday, October 5 (plus Steamin’ Halloween, Sunday, Oct. 26)
- Sunday, November 2 (plus Steamin’ Thanksgiving, Saturday, Nov. 29)
Don’t miss these exciting days filled with old-fashioned fun for the whole family. Included with all admission options:
- Fresh steam-popped popcorn from our vintage popper
- A Firing Up Demonstration, to see how we set a Stanley in motion
- Entry to the Marshall Steam Museum, featuring the world’s largest operating collection of Stanley steam cars plus a 1930s working Lionel electric trains display, a hands-on engine display, kids activities, and exhibits
- Museum Gift Shop
- Tours of the antique-furnished Auburn Heights mansion, which dates to 1897, are also available, along with rides on the Auburn Valley Railroad and in select antique automobiles from the Marshall Collection.
STEAMIN’ DAY ADMISSION:
Rides Ticket includes 4 rides in the antique autos or Auburn Valley Railroad: $11 ages 13 and up, $8 ages 12 and under (infants free). Rides Ticket admission is free for Friends of Auburn Heights Preserve members.
Mansion Ticket includes tour of two floors of Auburn Heights: $12 all ages
Combo Ticket covers it all, rides and mansion: $19 ages 13 and up, $16 ages 12 and under (infants free)
Group Rates: Discounts available for groups of 20 or more when booked in advance. For group inquiries, e-mail email@example.com.
In addition to the Easter Egg Hunt and Steamin’ Day events, be sure to join us for our two Steamin’ Holidays:
- Steamin’ Halloween, Sunday, October 26, 12:30 to 4:30 pm
- Steamin’ Thanksgiving, Saturday, November 29, 12:30 to 4:30 pm
Regular Steamin’ Day admission rates (listed above) apply.
Special Event: Auburn Heights Invitational Historic Auto Display
Sunday, September 21, 12:30 to 4:30 pm
Each September, Auburn Heights welcomes an exceptional array of historic automobiles from the classic era. Featuring special exhibits and activities, great food, a silent auction, raffle and more, this is a must-attend event each year. This year’s spotlight display will feature the Electric Car (touted in its heyday as “A Car of Refinement”). Click here to learn more about this year’s event.
Old-Fashioned Holiday at the Marshall Steam Museum
Sunday, December 7 & 14, 12 to 3 pm
Join us in December for a special holiday-themed program at the Marshall Steam Museum. We’ll be decorated and full of holiday cheer, offering something for everyone regardless of age! Click here for full details and advanced registration information. (Advanced registration encouraged by not required for this event.)
This program features:
- Special holiday-themed exhibits and displays.
- Readings of The Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore & The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- Victorian and train-inspired holiday crafts and activities for the whole family
- Electric train demonstrations
- Free hot chocolate
- And more!
ADMISSION: $5 per person, free for Friends of Auburn Heights Preserve members.