Next Public Event
Sunday, November 1
12:30 – 4:30 pm
Tickets will be available at entry, but we encourage advance purchase (by midnight Saturday as we don’t have computer access at the Ticket Booth) for quick and contact-free entry. Capacity limits will be in force (though we do not anticipate a crowd) to adhere to current health precautions related to Covid-19.
Upcoming 2020 Dates (click on date to purchase tickets in advance):
Past 2020 Dates:
- Sunday, May 3 – Virtual Train Day (Click here to attend Virtual Train Day)
- Sunday, June 7 (Click here to attend Virtual Steamin’ Day)
- Sunday, July 5 – Cancelled due to Covid-19
- Sunday, August 2 – Cancelled due to Covid-19
- Sunday, September 6 – Members Only
- Sunday, October 4
- Sunday, October 25: Steamin’ Halloween
Don’t miss these exciting days filled with old-fashioned fun for the whole family. Included with all admission options:
- Fresh steam-popped popcorn from our vintage popper (regulations permitting)
- Entry to the newly renovated Marshall Steam Museum, featuring the world’s largest operating collection of Stanley steam cars plus a 1930s working Lionel electric trains display, steam engine display, exhibits, and gift shop.
- Rides on the Auburn Valley Railroad and in select antique automobiles from the Marshall Collection, depending on the admission option selected.
STEAMIN’ DAY ADMISSION
For the fastest and most touch-free entry, we recommend purchasing tickets in advance. All event tickets may be purchased online or by calling the Friends of Auburn Heights Office (302-239-2385) weekdays 9 am to 5 pm. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events will be ticketless for the remainder of 2020, and advance purchase of tickets is encouraged to allow speedy and contactless entry. Walk-ins are welcome but may be subject to wait times if there are parties with reservations on the schedule. As always, Steamin’ Day admission is free for members – no advance registration is required.
General Admission (Rides Ticket) includes 4 rides in the antique autos or Auburn Valley Railroad: $12 ages 13 and up, $8 ages 12 and under (infants free). General/Rides Ticket admission is free for Friends of Auburn Heights members.
Mansion & Grounds Only Admission (no rides): $12 ages 13 and up, $6 ages 12 and under (infants free). Members may tour the mansion for $8 (ages 13 and up), $4 (ages 12 & under). If possible, family groups will tour independently of those outside their household; however, Delaware State Parks interpreters may form groups that include people outside household units.
Group Rates: Discounts available for groups of 20 or more when booked in advance. For group inquiries, e-mail email@example.com.
We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard or Discover. Sorry, no pets except service dogs.
Please Note: We never let a little drizzle dampen our spirits, so all events are rain or shine. In the event of especially inclement weather, you may call the Friends of Auburn Heights office at (302) 239-2385 for a recorded message that will indicate any change in regular plans.
Food and beverages: Free popcorn may be enjoyed by all visitors during Steamin’ Day events, and prepackaged foods like chips and beverages will be available for sale (while supplies last). Please feel free to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy on the grounds at one of our many picnic tables.
View our calendar to see what we have planned or where we might be traveling to.