2014 Spotlight on the Electric Car
“A Car of Refinement”
Sunday, September 21, 2014
12:30 to 4:30 pm
Camp Wilcox Group of Wells Fargo Advisors LLC
The annual Auburn Heights Invitational features an exceptional array of historic automobiles from the classic era. The 2014 event included a spotlight display on electric vehicles (touted in the 1900s as “A Car of Refinement”), alongside a broad representation of high-end motor cars from the dawn of the automotive age through 1942. Selection was based on significance of the marque, authenticity, presentation and the history of the vehicle. Limited to approximately 25 autos, the Auburn Heights Invitational offers a rare opportunity to compare and contrast early and later classic-era vehicles — all at the elegant Auburn Heights estate.
Historic Auto Line-Up for 2014
Feature: Electric Cars
- 1909 Waverly Model 74 Stanhope
- 1910s Custer Car
- 1914 Detroit Electric
- 1917 Detroit Electric Model 68
- 1920 Detroit Electric
- 1928 Auto Red Bug Electric
- 1932 Detroit Electric Model 97
- 1976 Citicar
- 2008 Tesla Roadster
- 2012 Tesla Sedan Model S
- Chevy Volt presented by Gold Sponsor Diver Chevrolet
Historic Automobile Display
- 1900 De Dion
- 1903 Pierce Stanhope Model L
- 1904 Franklin Model A Town Car
- 1907 Morse Model B
- 1907 Pierce Great Arrow
- 1909 Hupmobile
- 1910 White Model GA
- 1912 Buick Model 43
- 1927 Packard Model 343 Town Car
- 1929 Packard
- 1929 Duesenberg Model J 113
- 1930 Marmon Big 8
- 1931 Rolls-Royce Phantom II with Newmarket Coachwork by Brewster
- 1936 Oldsmobile F-36
- 1939 Cadillac Series 90 V16 Town Car
Funds raised from the annual event benefit the Marshall Steam Museum and Friends of Auburn Heights Preserve (FAHP), a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving and operating the extraordinary collections entrusted to its care. Proceeds from the Silent Auction and Raffle support the Joseph Boxler Education Fund, devoted to inspiring new generations. Through FAHP’s expanding children’s education program, the Marshall Steam Museum strives to engage and inspire its youngest visitors to connect with science, history and technology.
In addition to historic autos, attendees enjoyed delicious fare by the Country Butcher Fine Foods Market, wine and beer tastings, Woodside Farm Creamery Ice Cream, rides on the Auburn Valley Railroad and tours of the Auburn Heights Mansion, plus special exhibits and presentations, a silent auction, raffle and more!
Please join us in thanking our 2014 sponsors!
- Camp Wilcox Group of Wells Fargo Advisors Presenting Sponsor
- Fred Dawson of Basset, Dawson & Foy, Inc. Platinum Sponsor
- Michael Barrett Gold Sponsor
- Country Butcher Fine Foods Gold Sponsor
- Diver Chevrolet Gold Sponsor
- UBS Bank Gold Sponsor
- Winterthur Museum, Garden & Library Gold Sponsor
- Hagerty Classic Car Insurance Silver Sponsor
- Stanley Steemer Silver Sponsor
- Kirkwood Auto Center Bronze Sponsor
- Mike May’s Autoshed Bronze Sponsor
- Rempco Bronze Sponsor
SPONSORSHIP: Sponsors of the Auburn Heights Invitational provide vital support for the museum’s educational programs while enjoying great recognition and association with a fabulous event. Please visit this year’s Auburn Heights Invitational page to learn more or call (302) 239-2385 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join us in thanking our 2014 catalog advertisers!
- Camp Wilcox Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
- Fred Dawson of Basset, Dawson & Foy, Inc.
- Cokesbury Village
- J.C. Taylor Insurance
- Dewson Construction
- Last Chance Garage
- Country Butcher Fine Foods
- Summit Retirement Community
- ACTS Retirement Life Communities Inc.
- Signature Construction & Design
- Winterthur Museum, Garden & Library
- Librandi’s Plating
- UBS Bank
ADVERTISING:To commemorate each Invitational, the Marshall Steam Museum produces the Auburn Heights Invitational Catalog. Serving as a lasting record of the day, the catalog chronicles the stories associated with each of the extraordinary autos on display and includes feature articles of interest to the car enthusiast and history buff alike. This high-quality publication ensures that the event lives on once the automobiles and visitors have returned home and provides enduring recognition for participants, sponsors and advertisers.
View the 2014 Auburn Heights Invitational Catalog online by clicking the image above.
Copies of the 2013 & 2014 Invitational catalogs are available for purchase through the FAHP office. Please call (302) 239-2385 to learn more.